Thursday, October 25, 2012

the first post.

I'm not much for blogs. I'd rather be running or singing or laughing or napping or anything else. I'm not a wanna-be-gourmet-chef, and my arts & crafts projects are not what I'd call "blog worthy."  But soon I'll be embarking on an adventure, and I want you to come with me. 

In January, I will be taking a team from my campus ministry, Reformed University Fellowship to the village of La Source, Haiti. If you know me, you know how much I love this village. My senior year at Augusta Christian, I was blessed with the opportunity to take a trip with Bill & Lisa Adams to La Source. We spent a week doing Vacation Bible School, playing soccer, and just living out the gospel with these kids. That week changed my life. I had fallen in love with the country of Haiti. And I had fallen in love with a 4 year old boy named Poutchy. I promised that I would come back again to see him. Little did I know what that promise would mean. For the past 3 years, I have gone back to La Source, missing a week of classes at Georgia Southern in order to minister in the village. We have done medical clinics, Vacation Bible Schools, food distribution, school sponsorships, and so much more. And when I say "we" I really mean God. He has truly blessed our ministry in this village. He is at work in the lives of these Haitians, and I am truly amazed at the opportunities He continues to provide for us to do His work. 

So, this time instead of going with a high school group, I get to take my whole family and some RUF friends to experience La Source. We will be there the 1st week in January. I am so excited to go back, and can't wait to see what's in store for us. It's bound to be an adventure. I can't wait for the Creole food, the boat ride, the games, the prayer times, the roosters at 3 am, the late night chats & early morning sunrises, the home visits, the laughter, the tears, and the beauty of watching the Lord work. 

When the team comes back after that week, I'll be staying in Port-au-Prince to intern at the Maison des Enfants de Dieu, a children's home partnering with For His Glory Outreach. I'll fill you in on details of what I'll actually be doing soon, probably about the same time I actually find out! I do know that I'll be working with the children on a daily basis and with adoptive parents as they come to see the kids. I'm unbelievably excited for this opportunity, & I can't wait to see all that it entails. Until then, peace & blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment